Pros and Cons of IT Staff Augmentation And Outsourcing
What is Staff Augmentation?
After evaluating the current staff, a company identifies which additional skills would be required in order to carry out a project. Through Staff Augmentation companies temporally appoint man power to fill in the required lacking skills. This procedure lessens the tension and burden of hiring new permanent employees.
Identification of IT Staff Augmentation:
When companies hire employees temporarily or on contract basis in order to carry forward short-term projects or tasks, hence this is identified as Staff Augmentation. This helps to avoid employment procedures and additional salary duties. The company also outsources workers to other ventures who are in need for temporary work-force, therefore playing the role of a sub-contractor.
Effectiveness of IT Staff Augmentation:
By inducing Staff Augmentation into the working of a company, growing operation cost is controlled for short-term operations and projects. Even through Outsourcing the company is able to concentrate on more projects at the same time and this is also an opportunity excel in the business zone. Large scale firms apply the Augmentation or Outsource method overseas in those nations where, labor or work-power is cheaper and availability of experienced work-power. The main motive of this program is to carry on with an existing batch of labour
Importance of IT Staff Augmentation:
IT Staff Augmentation plays a very vital role in temporary employment, since experienced professionals are brought in to implement projects. Below are more importances:
• This is mainly being implemented due to an exuberance of IT resource.
• The decline for need of these services in firms.
• In-house IT employees can fully concentrate on their core assignments.
• Projects can be implemented on the scheduled time and hence, avoiding any kind of delay.
• Companies are able make the most out of their investment in the particular software’s.
• Time management is more efficient.
• This is very time saving for both the company and the projects.
• This network of Staff Augmentation and Outsourcing makes finding the apt resource easier.
• Track record of companies and agents providing human resource that are required is recorded and stored in the Datatrend.
Benefits of IT Staff Augmentation:
By practicing Staff Augmentation a company benefits as it is less time consuming and the firm gets access to skilled and experienced staff on short term requirement. Through this procedure the company can focus on the overall growth and development of the business and meeting the IT needs. By either augmenting manpower to the company or outsourcing to another, usually the employees required are Technical writers, Software Engineers, IT Security consultants, App Developers, Project Managers, Database Managers and other designations. Overhead costs like insurance, perks, paid leave, etc reduces due to Staff Augmentation since the company does not hire permanent labour. More benefits are:
• Helps in cost management.
• A time saving procedure.
• Employees are already skilled and experienced in the field.
• The organizations structure becomes stable.
• Company saves on the benefits provided to permanent employees.
• Makes Scale Management more resilience.
• Control on over-staffing
Drawbacks of IT Staff Augmentation:
With pros comes along cons in any product or model. Here are some drawbacks –
• Though the manpower is highly skilled and experienced, they still need updating and training fir the authorized projects.
• If the internal working of a company has cons then the Staff Augmented will also be affected.
• This will lead to requirement of management heads since the Augmented staff adds to the own in-house permanent staff.
• The success and failure of the project completely depends on the accuracy of the company, its planning and implementation. And not on the employees who come through the procedure of Staff Augmentation.